Here's what I want my days off to be like:
8am- asleep.
9am- still sleeping
10am- yep, you guessed it. Asleep. Although it's a good time to be arriving at consciousness.
11am-feeding the humans and animals, in my pajamas.
12am-possibly time to get clean and dressed, unless it's time for a nap. Maybe make sure the little ones are clean and dressed too.
You get the picture.
This week is too too too busy. Why does school starting signal an end to all free time I didn't know I had? Do we really have to have fifty soccer practices the same instant we start being homework-hounds? Does PTA have a number of required hours to fill? Let's ease in to this back-to-school thing here. Baby steps.
On top of that craziness, apparently Tyler was determined to get unpacked-right-now and all my plans of crawling back into bed after I got the school send-off-thingy taken care of were out the window. I do not have the time to fully explain the contrast in the way we 'unpack' things and seriously must return to this subject in a few days. . .when I am closer to sane. Let's just say that I might have, well let's say 'hidden', in the closet folding clothes of all things to escape all the "what do you want to do with this?"-ing.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I. am. so. tired.
Labels:
and hungry to boot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I needed to hear this. You worded it so well.
I am sorry that you had a hard week but I must say that it brings warmth to my heart that you - the domestic goddess of the universe - find life tiring from time to time. It sounds like a spa day is in order.
Sometimes, when I'm REALLY tired, I make sure all the doors are really secure, turn on a disney movie and get the computer to pbskids.org, put out the goldfish and cups of juice, and steal away to Isaac's room. His bed is SO comfortable, and his room SO dark that I can fall asleep in moments. And it only lasts moments - 15, 20 minutes at most- but it's just what I need. A little power nap. So far, I haven't had any major catastrophes.
But I feel ya. And my kids aren't in school or at soccer practice yet!!
p.s. do you watch the office? if so, you've GOT to see this youtube video of the dark knight meets the office. It's to die for. I put in on my blog.
Post a Comment