Twas just days before Christmas
and all through the town
the snow won't stop falling
and the satellite's down.
Far more snowmobiles than plows
can be seen on my street
as we search through the pantry
for something warm to eat.
After shoveling my way
out to feed all the creatures
I'm feeling quite numb
through all of my features.
I'll put the kiddies to bed
turn the fire up just right.
Merry Christmas to all
and to all a good night!
Wow, and hope everyone is safe and warm inside on a night like this! (At least here! Brr.) Sorry for the lame poem. My brain is frozen. I told my mom the snow was up to my knees this morning and then had to take it back, because it was only half-way up my shins. Well, NOW IT IS! Big furry snow boots don't help all that much when the snow is higher than the boots. Time for new boots? (Isn't it always?)
Poor Mr. Barney McDreamy (the 'barn' kitty) is confined to cruise around in the paths I made because otherwise he'd sink in over his head. His fault though, really, we keep trying to bring him inside but the most inside time he can handle is overnight in the garage. Otherwise he howls like a banshee. I'm babbling. So sorry!
Monday, December 22, 2008
A Christmas Poem for You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Time for new Boots...I just love that picture of the horses. Though it kinda terrifies me at the same time.
We've been listening to your Christmas Hot Mix you sent a year or two ago. Love it. Love knowing that you could per chance be listening to the same song. Have a Merry Christmas Wen!! Enjoy the snow a bit for us - Gib is dying to be in the snow for Christmas.
You truly do have a way with words.
We are all huddled around our space heaters these days since our furnace is on the fritz but we are thankful for snow anyhow. It is sooooo beautiful! I hope you and your darling family have a very Merry Christmas! I appreciate you and our friendship so much!
I also love your blog song. Makes me think of Elf! ;)
I hope you all stay warm and safe! Have a very Merry Christmas, and love to you all!
Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas to you all!
Ashley - my new year's res. is to get you on a horse. Time to face your fears - very Batman-ish, that.
Post a Comment