Hey there. Wow, that was quite a break but I guess it's time to get back to the blog-o-sphere. I mean the kids are back in school, it's a new year, I've finally taken down the Christmas decor (okay, almost, but by tonight, I swear) and incorporated the Christmas swag into daily life. Back to the norm. I've had a hard time being motivated to make the switch though. Everything feels so plain when the twinkle lights come down. Tyler told me he feels a little cramped over the holidays with all the extra stuff everywhere, but somehow it just feels cozy to me. The tree was so dry even a week before Christmas needles would drop to the floor if you walked past. Mama Kitty barely made it out with her life before the sagging limbs trapped her underneath forever. I'm not kidding. I took two or three strings of lights off with the tree inside before I was up to my ankles in pine needles and had to move the whole operation outside. Next year is the year I will cave. No more tree-guy. I'm all about a big pre-lit fakey and pine-tree scentsy now.
Our Christmas was great though. We were swimming in relatives (this is a good thing) from Christmas day until, well, yesterday. We had such good times with everyone - it was perfect! The only drawback is that Tyler and I are incredibly dull in comparison to the the smorgasbord of cousins, aunts, and uncles the boys have had to entertain them. Don't think they don't let us know exactly how boring we are too - they're pretty good boys, but no one would accuse them of being subtle.
Tyler completely surprised me with a gift on Christmas Eve. He had taken the boys to get it that day and they barely kept the secret. When I came home from my last minute shopping Max was all over Grey and Nick to 'not give it away'. Grey proceeded to tell me they were sending me on a little treasure hunt to find my gift and that they had to give it to me that night. And then:
Greybug- So, aren't you kind of thinking it has to be an animal now?
Me- Oh, woops. Actually I was thinking it must be pajamas.
Max- GREY!
After dinner that night everyone came with me on my little hunt. I should have known what it was since the rest of my family (namely my brothers) were so interested. The last clue led us to the guest bathroom where this sweet little girl was waiting!

Meet Izzy. She's a Jack Russell Terrier puppy - a dog that I have wanted for at least twelve or thirteen years now. I have to keep telling the boys she's Mommy's puppy just to get to play with her myself. Sadie and Mama Kitty aren't such big fans yet.
Anyway, she has been taking up a lot of my time and attention, but can you blame me? She's so cute! It's totally her fault if I slack on my blog. . . or anything else.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
And, back to the grind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh- little puppie! ohhhhhhhhhhhh-ohhhhhhhh-ohhhhhhhhhohhhhhhohhhhhohhhhhhohohhhhhhhhohhhooooohhhhoooh
soo cute!- i am considering a fake tree that you don't have to apply lights to also....
Wendy - she is adorable. Look at that face!!!! Have fun with her.
Oh my!! So freaking cute. We're coming over.
Oh she is way too cute!! I Love her!!!
Oh little boys, little boys! We had so much fun with everyone, it was so sad for it all to come ot an end. Izzy is so cute! I am totally jealous!
She's way too cute!!! But then I have to remember they grow up and don't look quite so cute anymore. But enjoy her, she does look like lots of FUN!!!
Luckily Jack Russels stay adorable, eh? They're a small breed. :)
Super cute. We'll have to come see her in person. Maybe a play date for the dogs, heh?
Oh yeah, bring Diddy on over.
Good luck! I wouldn't wish house training on anyone, but I'm glad your happy. =D
Post a Comment