Grey has had serious reservations about the school year coming to a close, not that he has any choice in the matter. He loves, loves, loves his teacher, Mr. Kay. All else aside (mainly the prospect of staying at school for lunch - how thrilling!)I think he would almost rather stay in Kindergarten than move on to first grade next year just to keep his teacher. Kindergarten gets out a week earlier than the rest of the school so Grey is officially done. They had a lot of great activities over the last couple of weeks, and I just had to post a couple of the highlights because I love the pictures that came from them!


Um, this one I just found on my camera. Grey's bed-head is almost as crazy as his crazy-hair day do. I love this whole picture - the hole in his sweats, Izzy's disobedient ear standing straight up, the fact that Grey is just sitting in her bed with her looking like an orphan, AND that I don't know how the picture came to be on my camera in the first place.

For graduation Grey's teacher put together a program for the families. He introduces each of the kids, tells about their favorite things and what they want to be when they grow up. The kids are all supposed to dress like what they're going to be. It is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen. There are always a couple of the girls that want to be a princess and a couple of boys that want to be a superhero. (The first kid out in Grey's program is going to be Indiana Jones) I love that at that age those are really options in their minds! Grey is dressed as a paleontologist (working in his lab), in case you couldn't tell. I think he's messing with all his "bone-cleaning tools" in this picture.

After their introductions the whole class sings a bunch of songs and then everyone watches a video of the kids and the activities they did throughout the year. So cute. I just missed getting a picture before this one where the little girls on either side of Grey are both hugging him. (He didn't look upset, at all.) Bad timing! This one will have to do!

At the end of their program they had a balloon launch. Each of the kids had written where they thought their balloon would go on a piece of paper tied to their balloon string. Grey's said "My balloon will fly to a magical land where leprechauns live". Then they said goodbye! Oh, so sad. All good things must come to an end, Grey!




3 comments:
There are no words Wendy, seriously-no words! His Kindy car is sooooo cute! It sounds like it was really fun, but I must say that I was terribly disappointed not to get to see any pictures of Lady Liberty. Last thing, I have to say that I ADORE that picture of Grey and Izzy - he so has Tyler's hair.
I want to be Grey's friend. He's so dang cute!
paleontologist? I barely know what that is. Very smart.. A magical place where leprechauns live are where all my balloons go too.
Post a Comment