Saturday, May 30, 2009

What little boys are made of

I was being SO productive today. Gardening, shopping, selling SCHTUFF via virtual garage-sale, cleaning house (regular and the spring-type), directing chores, feeding animals and humans (of course), bathing children, de-ticking the dog(seriously) . . . AND during it all I managed to get all the way through EIGHT loads of laundry. Granted, you have to have a lot of laundry stored up to manage that task, and I know that's nothing to toot my horn about. I am what I am. It is what it is. (Did I mention the laundry is nowhere near being done?)I've been busy collecting the dirties for days now (not telling how many). On top of that I decided it was finally safe to stow away the winter gear - after it's washed, that is.

ANYWAY, just as I finished pulling the tick out of Izzy's belly -and simultaneously patting myself on the back - I discovered THIS lurking under the clothes in the washing machine.



Yeah. So, ever wonder what would happen if you didn't check your children's (or husband's) pockets before starting a load of laundry? Ponder the question no more. You will have a little window into their world if nothing else. I'm feeling a little like I dodged bullet seeing the green crayon that could have very well been melted into the entire load had it made its' way through the dryer too.

Can you identify everything? I get the peanuts - know where those came from even. The dried (well, some-what soggy now) pinto beans though? Who raided the pantry and thought those looked tasty? I would have liked to have been there to see the look on the culprit's face when he bit into one. Yummmy.

5 comments:

Kiera said...

Is that a storm troopers head? Nice!

Allyson said...

Wow, little blue plastic dude, candy/snack wrappers, crayon, stick, rubber band - looks like you have 3, or 4, budding MacGyvers running around there.

Blue Cheese said...

A great shot. A sad story. Well, funny sad.

amy said...

20 years from now when your washing machine comes out empty handed you'll long for this fab stash.

Leah said...

I'm dying. This hilarious. 8 loads--what a nightmare.