I knew I hadn't posted for a long time, but I had no idea it had been this long - I just looked at the date on my last post. So, to update:
- I have officially locked Nick out of the pantry because I am fed up with finding fruit snack wrappers shoved in every nook and cranny (and couch cushion). Not to mention he stole my Icebreaker Sours and raided my dark chocolate covered nuts.
- The boys have taken to sleeping in a tent - on the trampoline. (It's a good thing Tyler has WAY more energy than I do or this summer would have been horrible for the boys - boo Mommy, we want Dad!) I was ready to nix the whole thing after the first night without the tent resulted in a ga-zillion mosquito bites (Yes, I sprayed them with repellent. Sheesh. How irresponsible do you think I am?) and itchy, whiny boys.
- As I was fulfilling my motherly role and explaining why we don't touch or try to re-light fireworks that don't go off, Tyler was brilliantly (out of my line of sight, of course) demonstrating the 'what not to do' portion of my lesson and nearly blew his fingers off. All boys in hysterics. (Again - boo Mommy, we want Dad!)
- Took Izzy with us to watch fireworks on the fourth so she wouldn't be home alone and scared of all the noise. Not sure that was my best idea yet.
- Actually wore yoga pants to work today. Don't worry - I skipped the boots and went with tennis shoes since I've stopped riding. . . really. (Haven't been on a horse since, um, well, Sunday.) Thought it would be more comfortable than wearing jeans. Turns out 29 weeks along is just uncomfortable no matter what. How do I forget these things?
- The lovely girls at Juice and Java give Izzy a milk bone everyday when they give me my Chocolate Milk. She refuses to take it out of their hands, she just licks it until I take it and then she stays in the window hoping they'll pet her more and tell her how cute she is again, and again, and AGAIN. THEN she 'buries' the bone in the car. After a few days I have the boys bring in any remaining milk bones so she can bury them in the sofa. Occasionally I think she eats one.
- Weeding / Watering the other night with the boys' 'help'. After about 30 minutes Grey stood up and shook his fists over his head saying "Curse you Morning- Glory! You will be defeated!". Three evil (and very manufactured) laughs ensued . . . and the helping came to an abrupt halt as all three boys became more interested in their sinister laughs than in actually 'defeating the morning glory'. Drat, foiled again.
- It's been a week since I started this post. So, NOW I'm 30 weeks grumpy, I mean pregnant. I've begun growling at everyone like the Clint Eastwood character does in Gran Torino. Maybe I'll go back to riding and see if I can bump this baby along a little faster.




6 comments:
I am so glad to have you back, I missed your posts! Sounds like kicks and giggles out there, I am so sad to have missed the cursing of the Morning-Glory. Let me know if you need a break, I would be happy to come out and play! ;)
Missed seeing you guys the other day. Lets plan a get together. Dying over #7.
No riding until we can get prego pictures of you. Lets just do it for fun one of these days. We are moving next week but after that I would love to go out for a little photo sesh. Get in touch with me, lets set a date.
Can't believe you're moving Kiera! I snuck a ride in on Saturday. . .(shh, don't tell Tyler! Hee, hee.)
But, YES, I really DO want to do pictures, although I'm awfully gianormous (gia-nasty, to borrow a phrase from the Henries) at this point!
I too have missed you. And yes, #7 is brilliant!
oh my i am a bit out of it- we must be pregnant basically the same amount of weeks along- i think i am 33 weeks this week-
i don't know what you're having!
happy news to hear! and happy that i am not the only one only posting once in a while...other stuff just taking over these days
Post a Comment