Side note: Before heading off to the spa I applied a quick fresh coat of
paint on my toes - of course. Tyler caught me red-toed before my socks went on.
Tyler- You're going for pedicures, aren't you?
Me- Mmm-hmm.
Tyler - So, why'd you just repaint your toenails?
Me- Because we're going for pedicures - duh. Like I'm going to plop my
unpainted toes on the side of the foot bath while my pedicurist secretly
mocks my horrid, bare nails.
Tyler- Seriously? What's the point of going then?
Me - If I were going for a facial I'd still put makeup on.
Tyler- Different.
Me- Mmm, not so much.
Tyler- So much. So, so, so much.
Anyway - once our toes were all beautiful and glossy Holly slid out of her pedicure flimsy-flops and into a cute little pair of regular flip-flops. Me? Oh, yeah, I wore boots - because that's what I do. All winter long I change from one boot to another - muck boots, snow boots, tall boots, short boots, riding boots, furry boots. . . red boots, blue boots, old boots, new boots. You get the point. Not wanting to ruin my lovely toe-do I wore the flimsies out to the car. THEN I wore them into the feed-store. Why, you ask. I don't know. Because it's small store, because I had to stop on the way home, because I couldn't risk smudged paint! And I almost got away with it too. Alas, I found myself bare-footed with the tops of my flops around my ankles on my way to the cash register. I re-positioned the flimsies beneath my feet, tried to hold on to the straps
BUT - my pedicure survived in tact . . . and my toes, I know. I told you they were more like fingers. I spent a good part of my childhood sweating in my Nikes because I was scared to unleash these babies on the world. Don't be sad. I'm over it now.
. I just wish I could figure out what to do with all my bright pink-ness in this ever-so-lovely spring snowstorm we're having today. Yoga?




1 comment:
Your family pictures are so dang cute! LOVE them!!
How funny that I too was embarrassed of my toes when I was younger. They are as long as my pinky finger and my little toe looks like they were cute off.
Seeing your toes makes me want a pedi!
Hope you are all well!!!
Post a Comment