There was a time I shunned cheescake -ALL cheesecake. I seriously DIDN'T get it. A pointless waste of calories. Kind of reminiscent of a stiff custard GONE BAD! Add deep dark chocolate, however, and everything changes. Voila! A completely irrisistable concoction! After all, you are what eat and I think I'm somewhere between bitter and semi-sweet. :) My latest fave recipe is "Killer Chocolate Cheescake" (from the amazing cookbook, Luscious Chocolate Desserts which I highly reccommend both for reading and baking enjoyment). I made it again for the first time in awhile for a family dinner Sunday. I think I actually saw one of my nephew-in-laws (if that's a real relation) sneak a lick at his plate!
1. The only science I've ever loved! I love that if you add something at the wrong time or stir it in the wrong way etc. you can screw up the WHOLE project. Completing a really good recipe well feels like being privy to a secret.
2. I love kitchen gadgets!
3. I love the art of baking - serving something that looks as good as it tastes.
4. I love the whole process (or collection of processes).
5. I love making things that some people wouldn't attempt from scratch. (part of what Tyler calls my baking snobbery - but I know he secretly really likes it!)
Oh Look! Winter's back, again! ARGHHH!

At least it's beautiful for a bit before it turns to a muddy mess!





3 comments:
You love that if you add an ingredient at the wrong time or stir it the wrong way it ruins everything?? Are you crazy? Im so glad that some people love to bake deliciousness because I love to eat deliciousness and that cheesecake looks like pure deliciousness! hehe! Your new house is going to be beautiful! Im so excited for you guys.
So I don't know if you remember, but a long time ago you & Tyler gave us a piece of dark chocolate cheesecake and you warned us that it was really potent, but we loved it so much we ate the whole piece in maybe 2 minutes - anyway, was that this cheesecake? Do you even remember this random occurrence? :) If so, could we please please have the recipe? Because it was the most amazing chocolate cheesecake I've ever tasted!
I DO remember that and you CAN have the recipe - I'm glad you guys liked it. Now Cohen can pretend to make cheesecake with you too. I'll email it to you!
Post a Comment