So, I completely abandoned my blog for a minute there, or maybe it was a week or two. (This really IS like a journal!) Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but the pressure etc. of building a house in such a short time frame is seriously kicking my butt. And that is all I have to say about that. I'm a belly-acher. Shame on me.
The day before Easter my friend, Jody, called to see if we wanted a baby goat for Easter. As it seems we are on some insane quest to become our own little petting zoo and Tyler has actually mentioned that he thinks we should get a goat (an idea that I literally scoffed at. . . just like the chickens), I said "why not?". Plus, baby goat, cute. So Jody brought said baby goat over a little later. Turns out she thought baby goat would want a baby goat friend, I agreed. We picked two. The boys were ecstatic and even helped with the bottle feeding at first. Truthfully, the goats were adorable. IF I could figure out how to get the pictures I took of all of them OFF of my phone, I'd show you HOW cute. Alas, I cannot. I think there is a cord somewhere that would help my cause, but I know not where. Perhaps I'll take some tomorrow. . . Anyway, the long and short of it is that the goats which the boys named "Easter" and "Bunny", are sadly now only a goat. I won't go into the awful details. Bunny, however, is still with us. She hasn't figured out whether she is a dog or a horse yet. Someday I will break the news to her that she was adopted and is neither.
We did take a break from playing farmers and have an Easter Egg Hunt though. I love the picture of Tyler looking irritated, I'm not sure why but it makes me laugh. The other things I love about these pictures: Max's nearly toothless smile, Grey's outfit (notice the flip-flop/sweatshirt combo. . . at least he took off his Batman boots), and Nick's aloof rockstar expression in one pic.







Tyler and Grey have the same birthday (how cute is that?), so we had a little party for them a couple of days after Easter. Busy week. Grey has decided that he is going to be an artist and a wizard. Since we couldn't do anything to further his wizarding career, we gave him an art set and a big paper & easel/white board/ chalk board contraption that he's barely left alone since. AND, if birthdays are good for nothing else, they are a good excuse to let everyone eat cake (and more importantly, ice cream).
The Birthday Boys

Now I feel a little more caught up. Until next time, goodnight!
P.S. Anyone want to share the secret of how to make the pictures bigger on posts?




5 comments:
I thought you fell of the face of the blogging universe. Your little guys are so stinking cute. Loved Grey in his crown and Batman shirt!
What handsome boys you have, seriously, I know I say this every time I comment but I feel compelled to repeat myself! I'm a little disturbed about the baby goat, and a little curious too.
I too am disturbed, yet curious about the baby goat. Once Bryce bought me a goose as a cheer-me-up gift...yada yada yada. I'll share my grim details if you share yours. LOL
Can't wait to see you guys and caught up about the goat. Remind me to tell you about when our neighboors ATE our goat when we left of a trip.
four handsome guys! and is that red in your hub's hair? we love red...big pictures come through photo bucket I think (?) i am behind in switching over...
Post a Comment