Wednesday the asphalt for the street in front of the new house wasn't even poured. Only part of the driveway and sidewalks were in. No Sprinklers. No lawn or landscaping. Inside, the stairs and railing were all messed up and had to be torn out and re-done multiple times. There were only a few pieces of furniture in the house, no decor whatsoever. The flooring for the west wing (okay, it's a mud room, laundry room, craft room - but it is kind of a wing, and it is on the west end of the house)hadn't been installed. Etc. all you want on that and you've got the idea of where we were in the process. By noon today (Friday) it was all done. (Alright, alright. I still want to to add drapes to a few rooms and add a few more pillows here and there. You're so picky.) DONE! The last week and a half Tyler and I have averaged a bedtime of about 4:30 am. Last night, there was no bedtime for me. BUT now, it's done. Now there are a gazillion people traipsing through it, and we can't move in for two weeks. BUT, it's done. Stick a fork in it. Cue the fat lady. Done baby.
I took a few pictures today, but I can't post them until I get my own computer hooked back up - hopefully tomorrow.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Sing Fat Lady, Sing
Labels:
New House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I love that you have 3 little boys and I love that you found me! It is so terrible that I live an hour away from you and haven't seen you in FOREVER!!! We will have to change that. Love your boys long hair. We have been growing out my Markus' hair since Christmas. Your boys are darling. And your house.....would love to see it when it is finally done. Let me know what else you are up to. Seriously, it has been probably 7 years since we've talked.
Halleluja!! Now where the crap are those canvas's???
I NEED PICTURES NOW!
Wendy! It's Anna (GREER) Macfarlane--also known as Amy's little sister. I saw your comment on her blog and came lurking. Where is your gorgeous new home and horses? I know it's Utah, but where do you have that much great land and views?? (I'm in Lehi, temporarily)
Your boys are stinkin' adorable, too!
WHEW! My mouth literally dropped when I read your post. The fat lady should sing you to sleep. And you should sleep for 4 days. Seriously. Stop reading comments and go to BED. :o)
no teasing! you better get that computer hooked up miss- can't wait to see!
Hooray! Hurrah! Horroo!! I bet you are ecstatic! Eager to see pictures as I'm sure it's the coolest house with the coolest decor - you always did have a knack, you know. And I'll represent the fat lady and sing for you, my friend!!
I'll be honest. When I came over on Thursday I was thinking, no way. (Though I was blown away at how beautiful it was). I still can't believe you got it done by Friday noon. INCREDIBLE!
That is so cruel to post with no pictures. How will I sleep tonight?
I can't wait to see the pictures. It is a beautiful house! Now go to bed would ya!
Post a Comment