The almost curbside view of the house. (The garage didn't make it in the frame.)
Looking into the Kitchen from the Great Room.
. . .AND into the Great Room through the Kitchen.
Dining Room (from inside the Den)
Ahh. The Craft Room and into the Laundry Room from the Mud Room area. (Yes, the West Wing!) Only women could possibly FULLY appreciate this area. Tyler thinks he does, but he doesn't. 
The 'Tower Room'. ie: Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair. . . Every girl needs a tower.
And now, what kept me up all hours of the night for the last couple of weeks:
First: Grey's Batman Room. And, yes, the building lights, the spotlight beam and the giant Batman signal glow in the dark. Maybe I'll even be able to get Grey to turn off his night light to see everything glow. . . maybe not.

Second: Nick's Train Room. SO, the hills still need a little work. . . I had to move on. I'll get back there. Seriously.
And my favorite: MY Room. Okay, I'll share. (All you get is the picture of the bed wall - because I'm obsessed with it, and that's about all I took pictures of.)Half-way through painting the wall behind the bed (most of which is actually covered BY the bed, but that's okay because I love the bed too!)I told Tyler that I loved it SO much I wanted to marry it. (It was late.) He told me to go for it, but I'm sure he's secretly jealous. He just hates to give me the satisfaction of ANY kind of reaction to anything I do or say.
The bed, by the way, was made by our friends Steve and Leah at Sleepy Beds. I love its' size and shape and the juxtaposition of its' blockiness with the girlie wall design and bedding. (Told you I'm obsessed.)
ANYWAY - I have to add that you shouldn't go feeling bad for Mr. Max because I didn't work myself to death in his room too - he said he wanted a 'normal room' almost until it was too late to do anything about it. THEN he comes up with "How about we just do a Star Wars room, with Darth Vader and maybe a tie fighter or something?" Like that's not five hundred THOUSAND times harder than the other rooms! It is sweet that he thinks I could just paint those things like snapping my fingers. Sweet, but a leetle bit unrealistic. Good thing FAThead makes a seven foot tall Darth Vader wall-clingy thing. Everbody's happy. (he DOES have magnetic/chalkboards on his closet doors like his brothers - sheesh!)
Blah-blah-blah, so sorry for the rambling. Can't wait to finally move in and have a housewarming party!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Alright then - pictures!
Labels:
New House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
ooooooo...aaahhhhhh...so lovely! Everything is so elegant, yet contemporary- I really love it! meikel, my cousin, works w/ yer hub- so when we come in july- she and i want a grand tour...
so beautiful! I want to see it in real life! is it in the Parade of homes??
You have a be-YOU-tee-ful home! And it looks like a home you want to live in, not just keep spotless like an eternal show home. I am so impressed with what you've done in the boys rooms, and I LOVE the wall behind your bed. Perfect blend of masculine and feminine.
Your house is so gorgeous! I love how you decorated the boys' rooms, that is so fun. I was showing Matt the pics and he was amazed, too.
Jaw droppingly beautiful Wendy! I believe that you guys pulled it off because there are pictures to prove it, but I dont know how you managed it. I'm completely and totally impressed!!!
Congratulations!
What's with all of the flyers in the kitchen? Is it in the Parade of Homes? Are you available to paint murals for other people's homes??
LOOKS GORGEOUS!
Awesome! But of course, to be expected. Maybe, someday, I'll have a house worth posting about.
You're hired Wendy. I love everything you did. That HAD to have taken a bunch of time. Perhaps you could just give me some interior decorating guidance...
Yes, it's in the parade. We're seriously working on an 'end of the road' bbq/housewarming party. It's been almost two years since we've had any kind of a get-together so we're way overdue! We'll keep you all posted. :) no pun intended.
AND, Anna- don't think I could really charge for my amatuer painting skills! Might be fun to try. . . who knows.
Of course I really love Grey's room. But I think your room is my favorite. The house is so beautiful.
Amazing!! I'm pretty sure we couldn't bring our kids over to see it or you might be kicked of the Parade.
Bring it on Leah! The sooner the better!
Your home is breathtakingly beautiful! Where were you when we were designing ours? Can't wait to someday see it in person!
Your house is so beautiful. I totally LOVE your bedroom. It is exactly what I would like to do with mine, except I have a huge black canopy bed. How did you come up with the pattern for painting the wall? Where did you get your sheets? I have been looking for ones like that everywhere. I can't wait to paint murals in my kids bedrooms, but we've only been in our house for 2 months, so first I have to unpack. Maybe I will have time after they start school....
Post a Comment