I've been tagged by my brilliant friend, Kiera, and it's taken me awhile to finish because the prompts really made me think. I really like this tag mainly because it asks questions that expose you a little rather than the old 'If you could meet any one in history. . .', or 'If you could choose one person to be trapped on a desert island with. . . (wouldn't everyone just say MacGyver here so they could GET OFF THE ISLAND - good thing my husband basically is MacGyver, so I could choose him and sound cheesy, but be practical at the same time - brilliant.) .
SO, I'm tagging Amy the Great, Kara M., Tiffany, Ashley, and Marianne because I want to know what you think. . .
- I am. . .strong (and fragile), happy (and pensive), energetic (and exhausted), optimistic (and wary), loving (and off-ish), outgoing (and reserved), confident (and self-critical), stubborn (and easygoing).
- I think. . .in riddles - well not really, but wouldn't that be cool. Really, I think until my brain hurts, and then I either run, bake, read, or sleep so I don't have to think for awhile.
- I know. . .we're all here for a reason; to perfect ourselves, to help others in the process.
- I want. . .my children to be happy, good people; to have enough of my own time to do everything I want to do instead of just everything I need to do.
- I have. . . everything I need.
- I wish. . .(I was a little tiny fish-tiny fish) my boys wouldn't fight; I were taller.
- I hate. . .feeling hatred; bugs that run into you; lack of accountability, laziness, lies, cruelty.
- I miss. . .sleeping in, the (Arizona) desert, the carefree days of childhood.
- I fear. . .losing my husband or children.
- I feel. . .young and old - depending on the day.
- I hear. . .my family waking, birds outside the window, the hum of the computer.
- I smell. . . with a supersonic nose. (blessing or a curse - you decide)
- I search. . . for peace, lost toys, car keys, matching socks, answers, and the right words.
- I wonder. . .what all the silent spirits are thinking - tiny children and animals.
- I regret. . .not saying 'I'm sorry' soon enough, tanning, quitting piano lessons, losing my temper.
- I love. . .my boys, my husband, music, the gospel, the way the summer air feels around 3 am, epiphanies, deep dark chocolate, comic relief, laughing, crying in sad movies. . .or commercials (take your pick), good books, kind people, genuine people, perfectly grilled ahi, clean sheets, new shoes, the word 'mommy' when it's not being yelled, looking into my boys' eyes, galloping through the mountains, the smell of rain, the first snowfall of winter, movies, new notebooks, inside jokes, words (particularly 'inexplicably'). . . we could do this all day, you know. . .
- I care. . .about first impressions, about peoples' feelings.
- I always. . .change the toilet paper rolls, take notes, eat my vegetables, wear sunscreen.
- I am not. . .prompt (as hard as I try.)
- I believe. . . in the mercy and love of God; in the power of music; in the existence of miracles; in the goodness of mankind; in the beauty of love; in the gift of forgiveness.
- I dance. . .when I cook; with my boys; to the psyche themesong; when I'm happy.
- I sing. . .out loud, in my head, in the car, to my children. . . all the time, and it makes me feel connected to everything.
- I don't always. . .want to be in charge; want to be seen; want to have the answer.
- I write. . .poetry, prose, lyrics, dialogue; in my head, on paper, on the computer, constantly.
- I win. . .unless I lose.
- I lose. . .track of time.
- I never. . .say never.
- I listen. . .to directions. . . and then I usually forget half.
- I can usually be found. . .yep. Usually.
- I'm scared of. . .things beyond our control - natural disasters, other people's actions, war, etc.
- I read. . .whenever I can- sometimes even at stoplights (if I'm done with my make-up, of course.)
- I am happy about. . .life in general.




10 comments:
You're a good person Wendy Lowe!!
I'm assuming I am the only Amy the Great you know so I will do my part, it won't be easy but when Wendy asks I will do!!
This is my favorite tag - I love peering into people's hearts just a little bit. I found my self mostly nodding and grinning, and occasionally raising my eyebrows in delight at the new things I learned about you.
I think you rock, Wendy.
Loved this tag and finding out more about my friend Wendy.
You are darling! And, if it isn't too cheesy, someone to look up to and learn from.
I am glad I know you. You are an amazing person and I have to agree with Allyson some one to look up to and learn from. I love reading your blog. You are so funny and so real!
How the heck am I supposed to follow your tag? You are amazingly great with words, and I feel like I got a tiny peek into your wonderful head- I'll do my darndest! (It may take a while :)
I search for the right words too and two come to mind.
BRAVO!
ENCORE!
You're awesome Wendy!
sigh....WOW. you are truly an amazing person. First I am honored that you tagged me:) I think it's is kind of sad that we don't know each other a little better. But I have just learned quite a bit about you. So I will try my best to let you learn some more about me!
ok i will play- and i loved reading yours and kiera's tagged stuff- lovely lovely inspiring women!
DONE!!
Post a Comment