So, I had a fit of 'time to get every project you've been thinking about doing for the last year done'. SO, after making some serious headway in the realms of mounting things on the wall, random organizing (picture me, a bajillion greeting cards, and a cute little file box - it's sickening and wonderful all at the same time, I know.), and, of course, more unpacking. I've had enough. For awhile. (I'm really quite productive when I'm not blogging, or reading what everyone else is blogging. Who knew.) Then an overly happy announcer-type appeared out of nowhere, shoved a microphone in my face and said "Well, Wendy, now that you've finally folded all that laundry and painted another wall shelf, what are you going to do?" Like any good American wanting to help spur the economy I cried, "I'm going to Disneyland!" And so it came to pass. We've always tried to do Disneyland in the off-times before but I had to see what all the "It's Halloweeeen Time" fuss was about, so off we went - along with at least half of the state (and some Az folks too) during Fall Break. Somehow we fit two eleven-hour days at Disneyland, a day at the San Diego Zoo, and a day at the beach in. I have to admit, the parts of Disneyland and CA Adventure that were decorated were pretty cool. Seeing the 'new and improved' Haunted Mansion alone was worth the trip. I'd like the Disney Staff to come and decorate our house for Halloween now, please.
The boys throwing out . . . who knows what signs.
Noodle and Tyler


Grey, on the other hand, was being typical Grey. He's 'not trying to get wet' in this picture in fact. Notice, please, that his hair is dripping. And, yes, his clothes couldn't possibly soak up any more water than they already had at the point I took this picture.
Kara and Me. I know, I look ridiculous. My hair gets all psuedo-curly in humidity, and then the jewelry. . . For all you know I'm wearing a big frilly white skirt. Cha, cha, cha!
Our two families. . .Ready to go 'home' as the sun sets. Thanks for you hospitality dear friends!




6 comments:
Looks like you had lots of FUN!!! We've yet to make the trip to Disneyland, but we'll wait a little while longer till Ethan can enjoy stuff. Like maybe when he's 4 or 5!!
What fun Wendy! I have missed you and am happy to hear that you've been getting so much done. Want to come organize my house next?
Ok, this looks like so much fun. Maybe someday I'll travel longer than an hour in the car with my kids...maybe.
I heard it is great fun at Halloween time. I love that place.
It was fun to see your and Kara's families on the beach. What a great looking group.
Cute pictures! Looks like you all had lots of fun!
By the way how did the Halloween party go? Are you still standing?
I'm still standing. . .(after all this time). The party was crazy and fun. Nothing like twenty-plus costumed kids hopped up on sugar to test your sanity! Tyler ended up being home for it, otherwise I might not have managed to come out unscathed! :)
Post a Comment