You know those 'tests' you used to do in grade-school, junior high, maybe even high school, where you answer a bunch of random questions on one of those impossible to make paper flower things, and the test results tell you your future? On all those tests I always answered 'horse' to the question 'if you could be any animal, which one would you be?'. I was thinking, of course, of the beauty, grace, and sheer majestic power of the beasts. When I fed the horses Monday MY coat was soaked through before I came in, and I was out for less than an hour. Poor big, strong, majestic horses.
On Tuesday they had a layer of ice over their coats, icicles hanging from their whiskers, and ice-dreds in their manes.
See the clump of ice hanging there in front of his eye? It's not suspended in mid-air, no siree. Hanging from a whisker-type hair. Ouch. (Not to mention annoying)
And then, there's the shot below. You know when you're out in the snow for a long time and you don't realize you have ice in your hair until you turn your head and it whacks your frozen face? Imagine it's completely covering you. At least the guy in this picture has a winter coat a Woolly Mammoth would be envious of. . . maybe he doesn't know he's a horse Popsicle.
Granted, just when I think they must be freezing one of them drops down in the snow to roll around, but still. How comfortable can it be, really?
As much as I love dogs, you know where they have to go to do their business. No such thing as a 'dog box' or 'doggy litter'. Although judging from the way Sadie plays around in the snow, I don't think she's really all that cold either.

This one runs back to the warmth of the kitty bed on the porch if we're out too long. No winter coat there. Aww, isn't she cute?





4 comments:
These are great pictures!
This is why our dogs now live inside. They've calmed down.....but I still don't like them being inside all day long.
Izzy is TOO cute! I am squealing as I read this. Poor babies being outside - the hair icicles are a really hot look though!
I had a big ole suspended tear when I saw those pictures. Stay warm my friend!
Post a Comment