Remember the good old days when you could pick up the phone and call anyone you wanted to . . . anonymously? Before caller ID? (What a bad day that was, huh? The first time you prank called someone and they called you right back - oh, the end of an era, that. At least I was past the calling-boys-and-hanging-up-if-they-answered-the-phone stage.) AND, remember when anyone could call YOU. . . anonymously and ask if your refrigerator was running, or just breathe heavily into the phone and say "what are you wearing"? (Now, only your husband would pull something like that, and you're really not fooled even if he calls from a work phone.)
My little brother played a really funny YouTube clip for us the other night that made me laugh at myself and my usual choice of comfy pjs. (It made Tyler laugh at me even harder.) Inexplicably, it also made me think about the random heavy-breathing prankster of yesteryear and I imagined the conversation we might have now . . . if caller ID didn't exist.
Me- Hello?
Heavy Breather- (Heavy Breathing)
Me- He-llo?
HB- (Heavier Breathing)
Me- Okay, then. Thanks for playing.
HB- What (Pant) are you (Pant, pant) wearing?
Me- Um, really!
HB- Oh, yeah, reeeeally.
Me- Pajama Pants and a sweater. Excited?
HB- It's four in the afternoon.
Me- Your point?
HB- Okay. . . Mmm, hot. Is that all you're wearing?
Me- Not even close.
HB- Tell me (pant) more.
Me- I'm omitting the undie-details, but, wool socks, tights, long underwear, a turtleneck, and an apron.
HB- Are you (Pant) outside?
Me- Right. Without my ridiculous eskimo-ish coat, fur-lined boots, beanie, scarf, insulated gloves and hand warmers? Nice try.
HB- What's wrong with you?
Me- I have warmth issues.
HB-
Me- Hello?
HB-
Me- Pervert.
So, what are you wearing?
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
What are you Wearing?
Labels:
reading the signs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
The outfit de jour is my old Pismo Beach hoodie, flannel pj pants, socks and slippers, all wrapped in a furry brown California King sized blanket.
That's what I'm talking about!
Thanks for the good morning laugh you so graciously gave me with that.....you got is soooo right!
LOVE it. I miss the good old days. I am actually wearing jeans, which is really weird for 9:00 in the morning. They just happened to be the first pants I found this morning. (Not from my bedroom floor. I would never wear something that might be dirty.)
hmmmm lets see....brand new pajama pants from old navy for a whopping 6.99! big socks, (the floor is cold) and a t-shirt and black hoodie.....man, I am really exciting! oh---and its 7pm on a friday night....ya buddy!
It's so nice to know I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment