A couple of days ago it was sunny here. And no, it wasn't a dream. I felt the warmth on my face, even had to shed my jacket - not something I do lightly. I know for sure the sun was out because my solar-powered husband was outside all day working on fence lines. And, man, was he happy when he came back in all dirty and sweaty with blisters on his hands. That man loves his sunshine. He'd work outside all day long as happy as a clam - as long as the sun is out. Even the horses were all full of themselves (and spring fever) with all the sunhsine warming them up. They seemed to work in shifts - one half sprinting around and bucking while the other half lay like dead, bloated versions of themselves soaking in the sun. I took one that doesn't mind being out on his own on a little ride and it was a rodeo just getting him to the street. He pretty much pranced the whole time we were out too - because I wouldn't let him run.
We have the horses separated into two pastures. The biggest of the beasts (an almost seventeen-hand Tennessee Walker), however, feels no need to be restricted by fences and squeezes himself through one section of fence that doesn't have a middle rail almost daily. I had never seen him do it, but that's the only possible way, short of jumping an incredible height, for him to get back and forth.
Anytime we ride out from the house all the horses remaining run along the fence line to the end of the property, just in case we never bring their friends back, I guess. So when my furry friend and I were riding on this very warm day I wasn't surprised when all of the horses in the east pasture came running to see us off. Then I heard the strangest noise. It took me a second to get what it was - heavy duty vinyl . . .bending. First I thought it was Tyler since he was working on the fences. But as I turned toward the sound I watched the last half of the monstrous Tennessee Walker squeeze through the fence and bolt across the pasture at lightening speed whinnying the whole time. A.) So cute. B.) So very him. C.) So Spring Fever. At least now I know exactly how he gets back and forth, not that it means the problem will be remedied, nothing will change until McTyler gets another sunny day off. It was nice to have my suspicions affirmed though.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Feels like SPRING
Labels:
'work'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Man, I would love to have seen that! I share your love of the sun - the other day, instead of huddling for warmth in the library, I sat outside for two hours doing homework. Sheer bliss!
I think everyone (including animals) are saying.....Ahhhh spring!
Post a Comment