Monday, August 2, 2010

Did I Mention I Love My Job?

How Could I Not?

It's Full of this:

friends
(human and equine)

and this:


my other babies


and this:


astounding beauty

and this:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel like maybe you have mentioned it once or twice, but can't say I blame you!

Allyson said...

I second that, maybe I should look into a career change...;)

Melanie Engen said...

I have a funny story. So I met this guy at church the other day and we were commenting how it is funny that when people hear you are from AZ they ask you, "do you know such and such..." When I told him I was from Mesa he said that he dated a girl at BYU from Mesa but figured I wouldn't know her because of our previous conversation. He also said that he was 39 and so waaaaay older than me. I guess I still look young. :) Anyway, I took a chance and asked what the lovely girls name was and to my delight.....it was you! Mike Hanchett says Hi. Don't remember him a bit, hope you do. :) He last heard you were in a punk rock band and wanted to know if you had found your way back to church. Nice guy.

amy said...

Love Mel's story. Also love that you love your job! Score for you.

wendybird said...

How funny Mel. Remember being in a couple of bands, don't recall any being punk, don't remember leaving the church either though. Maybe he's thinking of Halloween Feshman year - Barbie and the rockers. :)
Tell Mike I said, 'Hi', and that if I'm 39 I missed out on a few years.

Newty said...

So sorry to hear that you are 39, that's gotta hurt. I assumed you were more of a MoTaber than a punker, so much I don't know but if it's true that you have a darker side I have a book I've been wanting to tell you about but haven't for fear you'd think of me as a "sinner" On an absolutely serious note, I want a part time job. I'm handy with tipped over fences and feeders on cold winter nights, I can ride and rope and I am the secret owner of a pair of wranglers. I can even bring my own horse to the party. HIRE ME!!!! part time of course. Would I have a better chance of employment if I retract the statement about your age? Congrats on being 29! (I apologize for any grammatical errors in the preceding paragraph, I get nervous writing stuff here knowing that you are reading with your mental red pencil in hand)