Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sweet Bug



My sweet Grey Bug came running up to me saying he had something for me. Then he dug his little hand deep down in his pocket, past many other treasures no doubt, and pulled out a handful of dandelion heads. "Flowers, for you," he said. I'm never quite sure what to do with decapitated dandelions. Usually I put them in a little glass bowl of water - a lovely centerpiece! :) The gesture, however, totally melts me.

9 comments:

Kiera said...

Haha, you put them in a small bowl of water? Wow, you truly are such a great mom. I'm ashamed to admit that shortly after such a lovely gift is given to me, I quickly toss them back in the yard.

Kiera said...

btw, I love your new header picture. Did you take that? It's gorgeous!

Ash said...

I just love Grey. That tugs at my little heart strings... But I'm curious what all the other treasures were. They could have made for some really awesomely interesting center pieces.

Leah said...

That is so tender.

wendy said...

Yes, I did take the header picture - on the way home from Sundance last Fall, it's hard to take a bad picture there! I need a springy one, but I want a little green to show up first! :)

wendy said...

Ash,
Grey's pockets are usually full of rocks, sticks and random toys. Totally classic little boy stuff. I keep pulling a little plastic armadillo out of the wash that I'm SURE must have been hidden in his clothes somewhere first.

mycattripoli said...

i hope those lashes stay that long on him forever! soooo dark and lovely against his little cheeks- yes the fistful of flowers or dandilions- you're so good to put them in a glass!

em kawasaki said...

Hey Wendy, I don't know if you remember me from William Sonoma but we have lots of other connections, ie: Kiera, my brother works with your husband at Sundance, I love your sister Holly and on and on.

You have such a cute family! I remember picking Dandelions for my mom and she took one and put a safety pin through it and wore it around until it turned brown. I bet your boys would love that if you have a spare safety pin and are not going out anywhere you would mind wearing a dead weed.

wendy said...

Of course I remember you Emily! I know Kenji from Sundance forever ago too. . . the connections go on and on. :) I love your idea of wearing the dandelions! I'll try it next time for sure - probably tomorrow.