Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Farewell Summer. . . Hello Beautiful Fall!

The best thing about living in an area that actually has seasons - in contrast to my years in the desert - is that just when you start to get a little tired of one extreme it's time to move to something else. So now that I've had enough of being dirty, sticky, tired and hot (do keep in mind I have to wear jeans and boots to work no matter what the weather is!) it's finally time to layer on the clothes instead of the sunblock. (So now I'll just be dirty and tired!) I love Fall. The colors are spectacular here - in the mountains especially.

So, before I inundate you with a bazillion fall-color pics I have to say good bye to summer! Farewell my favorite late summer beauties:



P.S. We ran into this guy yesterday and I took a ton of pictures of him (from about thirty feet away - apparently we're not very scary humans - don't know if that's an 'on horseback' thing or a girlie thing). We were waiting for him to stand up and run away, and by the time he finally did my batteries were 'exhausted'. I love that my camera says that, by the way. Poor batteries, are you EXHAUSTED?! Have I been working you too hard? Seeing gorgeous animals like this up close is my other favorite thing about Fall in the mountains!

I seriously don't get how they cruise around with something that massive on their heads. Why don't they tip over?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for all of your fall pictures. That is, if your batteries can handle all that stress!

Unknown said...

BTW, I love your music. I, too, have a penchant for moody, slow music. Good stuff!

Melissa said...

Amazing!

wendybird said...

Hello Jen! I still need to get your email so I can request to be admitted to your blog! I've been trying to figure out how to do that without going over the public forum here for numbers and addresses etc.. . . I'll talk to you soon. :)

Kiera said...

Wendy, I love the fall too!!!! Its my favorite. You're lucky because you get to spend all of your work days in the mountains, surrounded by the beauty. I still want to get out there with you. Get some pics of you on horseback in this gorgeous season. Let me know if you still want to and when.

amy said...

I'm coming next week! I love UT in the Fall!! I'll call you. We'll be there for about a week and half to two weeks. Would love to see your new home.

mycattripoli said...

oooooo- that canyon in the fall has got to be one of the best things about utah- lucky girl- you get to smell that fall smell and see the colors change!

Allyson said...

I feel the same way, I love fall, I just don't much care for the morph into whiteness. Fall is full of yummy spices and holiday banking and all that Martha stuff.

Cool pictures, I agree about the antler thing though - they must get killer headaches and neck cramps!

Shari Goodman said...

ooooh, jealous!

Wonder Woman said...

that's incredible. You were able to get so close! Even after being in Utah for 5 years, I don't think I've seen something like that up close.

Kristina said...

those are some beautiful flower pics! Im so sad summer has to leave us!
p.s. awesome song!