Most days at least one of the boys comes up with something that is too precious to NOT record somewhere, and by the end of the day I usually forget to follow through. I keep telling myself I need to be better about that. So, I'm going to try... Max and Grey were sitting at the kitchen counter eating lunch when Grey asked me why "that girl in that one movie married the monster". Somehow I got Beauty & the Beast out of his cryptic clue even though I'm sure he hasn't see the movie since he was maybe two, if even then. (He's much too into the 'big kid shows' Max likes to sink to the level of Disney Princess stories.) I explained the story to him, ending, of course, with the moral of "it's not what you look like on the outside that counts, it's what you're like on the inside". Without missing a beat Grey launched into, "I wonder what I look like on the inside. I bet I look weird. I wonder what my HAIR looks like! I bet it's weirdy weirdy weird. . ." Max and I both lost it, which Grey didn't seem to even notice, he was too wrapped up in imagining his inner beauty.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
He's right you know, we all look pretty weird on the inside! That's what a love about blogs...it's a place to put these sweet little tidbits!
I love kids lingo...Weirdy weirdy weird!! I'm glad we've become blogging friends.
I'm laughing my head off over here! You never know what kids are going to say. I think that's one of the most honest and amusing questions EVER! "...weidry weidry weird." That made my day. =)
Post a Comment