I love finding myself in a warm splash of sun when everything around that sunny spot looks dreary. Max, Grey and I walked out to the new house while Nick was napping and found ourselves in just that situation! The light was so cool that I had to snap a couple of pictures of the boys playing before we moved on to the house itself!



As far as the house is concerned, I'm happy to say it is still moving along very quickly! We passed the 4-way inspection. The re-inspect happened the first of last week. Windows are in, Insulation is in, and the drywall is being hung on the interior at the same time the rock is being put up on the exterior. We should have hard-surface flooring and cabinets installed in about two weeks! Crazy!






9 comments:
Wendy,
I LOVE reading about your life with the kids! (and Tyler) Of course, I am your Mom, and neither you, nor my darling grandsons, nor Tyler can do any wrong, so some of your blogs MUST be about some OTHER children you take care of.
I really can relate with you, however, and it seems that every time I read a new blog by you, well, it almost seems as though it was written by me, many years ago. I wish I had this wonderful way of creating a journal of sorts, back then. (What, have a computer at HOME!!??) However, I'm afraid I would have been on the computer all day, and not attending to you kids!
You are so creative, and such a great mom, wife, and daughter ... I credit it all to your Dad, because ... well, because I was too busy chasing little ones around the store aisles after I let them talk me into letting them "walk right by the basket, Mommy, I promise!!!"
Your story about going to Ikea was hilarious! It did remind me of times I wished I HAD a way to call your dad, though, most notably when I was stuck on the freeway with a flat tire, and 3 police cars pulling in behind and in front of your oldest brother (4 at the time) and me, after he said a very trusting prayer to "Heavenly Father for help for Mommy and me". Now I have my own cell, and no transportation, so what gives with that??
Still, I do know what you mean by being too easily found by hubby. I can just go next door for a few minutes, and boom! That's when your Dad will call ... and of course I will have inadvertently left my cell phone at home ... and your dad will call me every 5 minutes after that, until I get home and see or hear my phone!!
To quote a very famous man (MY DAD), "Ain't life Grand?" Keep up the blogging, and the pictures! I love you! "Mom's the word"
What a beautiful new house!
The light in those pics is gorgeous, and I'm so jealous of your new house - it look enormous! :)
I'm freaking out about how far along you guys are on your BEAUTIFUL house already!!! Congratulations! When can we come see it in person?
Wendy -- I just can't get over how cute the boys are !!! Your house is going to be so AMAZING!!! Try and post some inside shots of the house too!! I'm curious to see!!! I too, like Leah want to come and see it. It's looking GOOD!!!
It seemed like for so long there was NO progress at all. Now all of the sudden the place is in full swing and you guys will be moving in, in no time! I'm looking forward to your house warming party!?! : ) I love the pictures of your boys. They are so handsome...WOW!!
Oh, the housewarming party; I can't wait to throw it!
oh that house is going to be the coolest thing! who drew it up for you? I really really really like it- we'll be visiting in July- we'll come ride some horses at Sundance (as i promised myka) and then maybe we'll be able to schedule a short visit?
The architecht's name is Ryan Henrie. He has great ideas and really works to shape your space to your specific way of living - very cool. And, YES, let's get together when you're out! You could ride a bit at our house too if you want. . .
Post a Comment