Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's bugging Tyler

The kids are in school. The leaves are changing. The a/c isn't on half the time. The boat has barely moved all summer. It sits clean and shiny in the garage, waiting. . .



Poor Tyler waits all year - literally counting the days - for the warm months to arrive. He has the harbor weather report lines for the local lakes on his speed dial. I'm not kidding. By the time March hits each year he has checked water temperatures at lakes that take a day just to drive to. We normally take at least one early Spring boating getaway to a warmer area only to freeze our little wetsuits off in the still icy waters. He prices drysuits and rubs his hands like an evil villain type as he plots his escape to a more boat-friendly climate.

This spring and early summer was all about getting the house done. The rest of the summer has been about getting moved in and situated, and now it's gone. If the weather doesn't warm up enough for a few late summer days on the lake I fear the road trips he has already hatched out in his mind. I'm crossing my fingers for a bit more heat before we plunge all the way into cold, wet Fall.

4 comments:

kristina said...

nice boat! Im sad we never took up on those offers to out with you guys!! I too am sad to know we have along time of coldness ahead of us, I am such a summer person!!

Kiera said...

That boat is a beauty but the Forever Twenty One bag is what has all of my attention.

I love the fall. I just wanted to put that out there!

Allyson said...

I really hope you get a few more warm days to have fun on the boat now that most of the house stuff is done.

Joshua Lowe said...

You know, I was like, 5 minutes away for most of the summer, and was rather unoccupied. Hmmmmm.